Many adults and teenagers are in need of orthodontic treatment, yet they do not want to wear braces for one reason or another. Smiles at Fairfax Corner offers the Invisalign system, providing patients with a way to straighten their teeth without the pains and inconveniences of wearing metal braces. As anyone who has used this treatment can tell you, there are many benefits to choosing the Invisalign clear braces system!
Benefit #1: Invisalign aligners aren’t noticeable and do not impact the patient’s appearance.
By far one of the main reasons patients elect to use Invisalign is because the aligners they wear are virtually invisible.
- Adults who use Invisalign can straighten their teeth without worrying about braces making them look less professional.
- Teenagers who wear Invisalign do not need to worry about having a mouth full of metal for their graduation, prom, or other big events.
Benefit #2: Invisalign is comfortable.
Invisalign aligners are more comfortable to wear than braces.
- Invisalign aligners are custom created for each patient using smooth, hard plastic. Patients often find them to be a much more comfortable option because they have no sharp wires or brackets to irritate the inside of their cheeks.
- Invisalign is designed to slowly shift the teeth into their proper positions. Because the teeth are moved in smaller increments, patients often experience less soreness than they would if they had traditional braces, which have to be tightened and place more force on the teeth.
Benefit #3: Invisalign is convenient.
Unlike metal braces, which are attached to the teeth for the entire duration of the treatment, Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time. It’s easy for patients to brush and floss because all they have to do is simply remove their aligners.
- Metal braces require patients to alter their diets, giving up hard and sticky foods to avoid breaking a bracket. But because Invisalign aligners are removable, patients can eat whatever they’d like – all they have to do is take out their aligners first.
- Invisalign treatment often requires fewer, shorter office appointments than metal braces. Patients simply wear a new set of aligners every two weeks and visit Dr. Rayek approximately once a month.
Benefit #4: Invisalign enables patients to whiten while they straighten.
Invisalign aligners also work as whitening trays – all patients need to do is simply use whitening gel in their aligners. When their treatment is complete, not only will their teeth be straight, but they’ll also be a brighter shade of white for an all-around beautiful smile.
Dr. Rayek provides Invisalign clear braces for patients who want to straighten their teeth. Visit us to learn more about your options for getting a beautiful, straighter smile!