One reason many people decide to visit a cosmetic dentist is because they desire a straighter and more attractive smile. Someone who has a crooked smile may feel insecure and self-conscious, and may also have difficulty chewing properly. Correcting crooked teeth with cosmetic or orthodontic treatment can lead to an improved appearance and a significant increase in self-esteem. It can also make eating and speaking easier.
Dr. Riaz Rayek is a skilled cosmetic dentist in the Fairfax, VA area who helps patients achieve smiles they will enjoy for years using effective orthodontic and cosmetic treatments. At Smiles at Fairfax Corner, patients can choose between three options to fix a crooked smile: veneers, Invisalign clear braces, or traditional metal braces.
- Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic treatment used to improve the appearance of the smile. They are custom-created for the patient using thin layers of porcelain and bonded to the fronts of the teeth. Though veneers do not change the position of the teeth, they can disguise crooked teeth and give the appearance of a straight smile. Veneers are also used to disguise imperfections such as stained or chipped teeth.
- Veneers are a good option for patients who do not want to wait months or years to complete orthodontic treatment, as they are applied in just two office visits. They are also good for people who do not want the occasional discomfort associated with changing the position of the teeth or the multiple office visits required throughout orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign clear braces are an orthodontic treatment that can correct even a severely crooked smile. Patients who use the Invisalign system wear a series of clear plastic aligners, changing sets every two weeks. The aligners are custom-created for each patient and are designed to slowly shift the teeth into their proper positions.
- Patients often choose Invisalign because it allows them to straighten their teeth in a discreet manner. The aligners are virtually invisible, making them a popular choice for teenagers and adults. Another reason many patients choose Invisalign is that the aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
Traditional Metal Braces
- Traditional metal braces are a highly effective orthodontic treatment option for children, teenagers, and adults. Using stainless steel wires and brackets, traditional braces can be used to correct malocclusions (bite problems) and crooked teeth, resulting in a beautiful smile.
- For many patients, traditional braces are the most economical option, as they are often less expensive than the Invisalign system or veneers. Traditional braces are also the best choice for children, as they do not require the same level of commitment and responsibility as Invisalign, which must be worn at least 22 hours each day.
Which Option is Right for You?
If you are displeased with the appearance of your teeth and are ready to correct your crooked smile, it’s time to find a solution that is right for you. Contact us to learn more about getting a straighter, more attractive smile with porcelain veneers, Invisalign, or traditional braces.