Having missing teeth can make one feel self-conscious and embarrassed. Missing teeth can also threaten your oral health, since the roots of the teeth promote gum and bone health, and can cause the other teeth to shift position, negatively impacting the bite. Missing teeth can also make tasks such as chewing or speaking more difficult. Overall, it is in the patient’s best interest to replace missing teeth rather than just compensating with dentures or other appliances. For those who are missing teeth, dental implants are almost always the best treatment option.
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth, it’s time to find an implant dentist. Our dental office located in Fairfax, VA is not the only option for patients who need dental implants or other services in the Washington, D.C. area. We provide dental implants in Reston, VA as well. Visit our other office location for the same great dental care in a location convenient to you.
Getting Dental Implants in Reston or Fairfax
- If you are interested in getting dental implants, your first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rayek at one of his locations. During this consultation, Dr. Rayek will conduct a thorough exam and take the time to get to know you and understand your needs.
- If you and Dr. Rayek decide together that dental implants are the best treatment option for you, the next step is to schedule your first appointment, during which you will undergo the oral surgery to place the titanium posts into your jaw. These posts act as replacements for the roots of your teeth and give the replacement teeth stability. Following this surgery, some time must pass for the implants to fuse with the jawbone and become stable.
- Once the implants are in place, a crown will be placed atop each tooth to replace the missing teeth.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- Choosing dental implants is, for many people, a step toward greatly improving one’s quality of life. Dental implants are more than a cosmetic procedure; they restore the functionality of the smile.
- Dental implants eliminate the need for dentures. Many adults find that dental implants provide them with much more freedom because they no longer have to worry about cleaning their dentures or accidentally damaging them. Unlike dentures, dental implants do not have to be replaced every few years.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. With dental implants, patients can chew and speak normally. They are able to eat whatever foods they desire. The implants function exactly as natural teeth.
Dental Implants with Dr. Rayek and Staff
The decision to get dental implants is not one to be taken lightly. Dental implants will be a permanent fixture in your smile, so it’s important to be sure you are making the right choice for you. Dr. Rayek has two convenient locations to help patients get the dental care they need close to home. Call today to schedule your dental implants consultation.